November 15, 2018 — The Change Foundation today released their Spotlight on Ontario’s Caregivers report, detailing the findings of their first annual survey of 800 caregivers in the province – that is, those family members, friends, or neighbours who provide care to someone without pay.
Pollara Strategic Insights is proud to be The Change Foundation’s research partner in this landmark multi-year project, leading design, execution, and analysis of annual surveys of caregivers as well the creation, management, and moderation of an advisory panel of 100+ caregivers – hosted within Dialogue, our online panel management and qualitative discussion forum platform.
The Spotlight on Ontario’s Caregivers report is the first of its kind in Ontario. It provides a profile of caregivers, their experiences, and their needs. The objectives for this study were to understand:
- who caregivers are;
- who caregivers are caring for;
- what tasks caregivers are responsible for;
- where caregivers are turning for information and support;
- how caregiving impacts the lives and health of both the caregiver and the care receiver;
- how caregivers feel about their role as part of the healthcare team; and
- what additional supports or information could help caregivers in their role.
The report can be downloaded from The Change Foundation’s website. In addition to hosting the annual survey reports, their Spotlight on Caregivers webpage will be updated regularly with caregiver stories and additional analyses of the survey data. Check it often.
Sign-up for the Pollara e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on our latest insights.